1/3 Photos of Swiss Cherry Torte Cake Mix Cake
Dienia B.'s Note:
From Darlene Kossman. It is from Better Homes and Gardens bonus book; a very old recipe; looks very pretty though; good for Valentine's day. it is an amazing cake easy to do would be a hit at pot lucks
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix cake mix with egg whites, oil, and water. 4 egg whites are 1/2 a cup you could use egg beaters egg whites
- 2Add almond extract to batter.
- 3Remove 1/3 of the batter to another bowl; stir in 10 to12 drops red food coloring.( i used cherry juice ).
- 4Spoon pink and white batters alternately into two greased and floured 9x1-1/2 inch cake pans.
- 5Cut though batter with a knife to marble.
- 6Bake in 350 degree Fahrenheit oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
- 7Remove from pans.
- 8Stir together pie filling and grated orange peel.
- 9In another bowl mix Cool Whip with 8 to 10 drops red food coloring.
- 10Place one cake on a serving plate.
- 11Make a border of whipping topping on edge 1 inch wide and 1/2 inch tall; fill with 1/2 the cherry pie filling mixture.
- 12Top with second layer.
- 13Make another border of whipped topping; fill with remaining cherry pie filling mixture on top.
- 14Frost sides with remaining topping.
- 15Chill 3 hours.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Swiss Cherry Torte Cake Mix Cake
Serving Size: 1 (307 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 695.8
- Calories from Fat 258
- Total Fat 28.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 22.8 mg
- Sodium 695.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 102.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 51.9 g
- Protein 7.8 g