- 1 package swiss chocolate cake mix or 1 package devil's food cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 can creamy vanilla frosting
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine cake mix with oil, water and eggs.
- Bake in 2 (8 inch) greased and floured round cake pans for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Split each layer into 2 thin layers.
- For frosting cream vanilla frosting, cream cheese and lemon juice.
- Spread frosting over cake layers, then cherry pie filling on top of frosting.
- Continue, ending with pie filling on top.
- Store cake in refrigerator.