Recipe by Missy Wombat
A vegan cheese substitute recipe which I personally have not yet tried. Cook time is time in the fridge.
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 5 tablespoons agar-agar flakes
- 1⁄2 cup raw cashews
- 1⁄4 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tahini (optional)
- 1 tablespoon onion flakes
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground dill seed
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the water and agar-agar flakes in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Place in a blender with the remaining ingredients, and process until completely smooth.
- Pour immediately into a lightly oiled, 3-cup rectangular mould, loaf or other rectangular container.
- Cover and chill for several hours or overnight.
- To serve, turn out of the mold and slice.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator.