Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I have been making these for the last 30 years, always with success. They have a wonderful flavour. I even love them cold.
- 12 unbaked 4-inch tart shells
- 6 slice bacon
- 236.59 ml chopped onion
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 177.44 ml sour cream
- 340.19 g swiss cheese, cubed
- Fry bacon til crisp and set to drain on paper towels.
- Pour off some of the bacon fat, and add onions.
- Cook over medium heat until transparent and tender.
- Combine eggs, sour cream, onion, cheese and a dash of salt and pepper to taste.
- Crumble cooled bacon or chop in small pieces and add to the mixture.
- Stir til cheese is melted and pour into shells.
- Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
- Serve at once or make ahead and reheat.