Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
My attempt to create an equivalent of pimento cheese spread. I returned home from a three week trip to find an extravagant amount of grated swiss cheese in my fridge; I could not envision all that cheese going to waste. So, this recipe is a work in progress. Give me feedback!
- 4 cups grated swiss cheese
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons minced onions
- 1 tablespoon minced celery
- 6 slices minced cooked bacon (I used 8 slices today, and DH thought it was great, but I thought it a bit much)
- 1 tablespoon bacon grease (I'll try leaving this out next time(I was after flavor and spreadability)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (add in increments, tasting for salt preference)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Mix all in food processor.
- Spread on bread for sandwiches.