A large portion of Switzerland is highly influenced by German cuisine. Here is a combination of the two! I do recommend that you purchase a spaetzle maker, but you can use a colander or the method listed here. Enjoy!
- Fill a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, heat up a nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and bacon. Cook until the onion is slightly golden.
- For the pasta, mix together eggs, flour, milk and nutmeg. The dough will be quite runny.
- Put the pasta dough onto a wooden board, now scrape with a knife little dumplings about the size of a couple of peas and let each dumpling fall into the boiling water. You can also use what is called a Spätzle machine which is like a giant garlic press or push it through a colander.
- Once the dumplings float on the water, take them out as they are done.
- Add the Spätzle dumplings and the cheese to the frying pan and fry for a couple of minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle some parsley on top.