Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup shredded processed swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 2 slices bread or 1 hamburger buns or 2 slices French bread or 1 English muffin, toasted
- Shape meat in 2 patties.
- Broil 3 inches from heat about 4 minutes on first side.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Turn patties and broil 4 minutes more or to desired doneness.
- Season second side with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, make cheese sauce; Melt butter; blend in flour and mustard.
- Add milk all at once.
- Cook and stir till sauce thickens and bubbles.
- Add cheese; stir till melted.
- Add wine; cook and stir 1 minute.
- Place patties on toast; top with sauce.