Prep 2 mins
Cook 20 mins
I use this sauce on pasta, on pizza, or as a wonderful sauce atop crepes.
- 8 ounces shredded swiss cheese
- 4 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Melt the butter over medium heat in a small sauce pan. Add flour and stir thoroughly for 2 minute lightly browning the mixture.
- Slowly whisk in the heavy cream until fully incorporated and no lumps appear. Turn the heat to medium high and cook on a low boil until the heavy cream is reduced by 1/2 (15 minutes).
- Add in all of the shredded cheese slowly stirring to combine. Last but not least, season with nutmeg and then salt and pepper to taste.
- Once sauce has returned to a light boil, it is ready to serve.