Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Use this sauce with just about anything!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups half-and-half cream (or use full-fat milk)
- 2 1⁄4 cups grated swiss cheese
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Tabasco sauce or louisanna hot sauce
- salt and pepper
- In a heavy-bottomed medium saucepan melt butter over medium heat.
- Blend/whisk in flour; cook whisking 1 minute.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and slowly add in the half and half cream, stirring until thickened.
- Add in the Swiss cheese, Worcestershire sauce and hot pepper sauce to taste; mix with a wooden spoon until the cheese has melted.
- Season with salt and pepper.
WOW !! Served over potatoes and a broccoli dish. Outstanding flavors, and so easy to make. I will be making this again in the future and try with some chicken Made for Zaar Stars.
Outstanding! Served it over broccoli and then got up from the table and got the leftovers to dip my bread from dinner in. Loved it! Thank you Kittencal.
Yep, another great recipe! I halved this recipe, and used this as a lovely cheese sauce for mixed vegetables.