- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups half-and-half cream (or use full-fat milk)
- 2 1⁄4 cups grated swiss cheese
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Tabasco sauce or louisanna hot sauce
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy-bottomed medium saucepan melt butter over medium heat.
- Blend/whisk in flour; cook whisking 1 minute.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and slowly add in the half and half cream, stirring until thickened.
- Add in the Swiss cheese, Worcestershire sauce and hot pepper sauce to taste; mix with a wooden spoon until the cheese has melted.
- Season with salt and pepper.