Recipe by Martini Guy
I found this somewhere about 30 years ago and just re-discovered it. An interesting change from your typical dinner or luncheon salad. For company, add a glass of cold white wine and some hot garlic french bread and you can take your time fixing dinner!
- 1 lb natural swiss cheese, cut in 1/4 in. cubes
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, diced (reserve 1 yolk for garnish)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped yellow pepper
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- lettuce leaf
- cherry tomatoes, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the cheese, celery, peppers and eggs.
- In another bowl mix together the mayonnaise,chives, vinegar, mustard and salt.
- Gently blend the mayonnaise dressing into the cheese mixture.
- Chill until serving time to blend flavors.
- To serve, line a small bowl with lettuce leaves and mound salad in the middle.
- Press reserved egg yolk through a fine wire strainer and sprinkle on each salad.
- Garnish with cherry tomatoes.
- Preparation time does not include chilling time.