Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a great tasting side dish. It's my kind of comfort food.
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 lbs potatoes, peeled,cut into 1/8 inch slices
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Reserve 1/3 cup cheese.
- Combine remaining cheese, parsley, tarragon& garlic Toss potatoes with salt& pepper; pour 2 tbs butter into shallow 10 inch round baking dish; starting& ending with potatoes, alternately layer potatoes& cheese-herb mixture in dish; drizzle with remaining butter.
- Cover with foil and bake on upper rack for 1 hr.
These are GREAT potatoes! The only thing I did differently was to double the amount of garlic...ahhh yes...and used dried tarragon (didn't have fresh.) Can't wait to use fresh tarragon from my herb garden. I sliced the potatoes VERY thin and it worked out great. Thanks for sharing, Boca Pat, this will make a repeat performance on our table again and again.