This is an old family favorite. We pretty much can't have a gathering without these. There is no written recipe, it has been passed around verbally since I was a child. Everyone I've made these for has loved them. I hope you do too!
- 1 loaf rye cocktail bread
- 8 ounces grated swiss cheese (I grate my own and domestic works fine)
- 1 (6 ounce) packagehormel pepperoni slices, chopped
- 1⁄2 small onion, finely minced
- mayonnaise, enough to bind (I have never measured this - I add mayo to the mixture until it holds together, it's hard to mess th)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with foil.
- Mix all ingredients (except for bread) together.
- Spread cheese/pepperoni mixture onto the rye breads and place them on baking sheet (s).
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the cheese is browned and bubbling (the bottom of the breads should become brown and crispy).