This is an old family favorite. We pretty much can't have a gathering without these. There is no written recipe, it has been passed around verbally since I was a child. Everyone I've made these for has loved them. I hope you do too!
- 1 loaf rye cocktail bread
- 8 ounces grated swiss cheese (I grate my own and domestic works fine)
- 1 (6 ounce) packagehormel pepperoni slices, chopped
- 1⁄2 small onion, finely minced
- mayonnaise, enough to bind (I have never measured this - I add mayo to the mixture until it holds together, it's hard to mess th)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with foil.
- Mix all ingredients (except for bread) together.
- Spread cheese/pepperoni mixture onto the rye breads and place them on baking sheet (s).
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the cheese is browned and bubbling (the bottom of the breads should become brown and crispy).
Made these for my sons 1st birthday party. They were a hit!! Thanks for the tasty and easy recipe.
WOW, these are awesome!! I would never have imagined that this combination of ingredients would turn out as luscious as they did! Thank-you for sharing your family favorite -- I'm gonna have to dig thru your other recipes to see what else you've got..
Different, and has always been a big hit with guests. Great snack or appetizer. Can be made ahead and refrigerated before baking for large groups. Thanks Deborah.