Recipe by Chef Jean
When I found this recipe I thought for sure it would be on food.com already, but I couldn't find it. This a very simple side dish or breakfast from Switzerland. It seems to be similar to quiche, but with more milk/cream. Posted for ZWT 7.
Top Review by Outta Here
Excellent dish! Made a great side for chicken. I added 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg to it, as I usually add that to my quiches, just for a little extra flavor. I used fat-free half and half, and a Marie Callendar pie crust. Looking forward to a piece cold for lunch tomorrow.
- 1 pie crust, for 9-inch pie
- 1⁄2 lb switzerland swiss cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup milk or 1 cup cream
- 3 eggs, well beaten
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Line pie dish with pastry. Dredge cheese with flour. Distribute cheese evenly in pie dish. Beat eggs well; mix with milk. Season lightly and pour over cheese.
- Bake 15 minutes in hot oven (400 degrees), then reduce to 300-325 degrees and bake an additional 30 minutes or until knife inserted in center of pie comes out clean. Serve hot or warmed over.