Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A awesome soup recipe I have saved. I have never made this, but it sounds so tasty! 8)
Make and share this Swiss Cheese & Parmesan Onion Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- In heavy bottom pan, slowly brown onions, butter and sugar until onions are dark brown, 30 minutes. With wooden spoon, scrape brown off the bottom of the pan occasionally.
- Add flour and cook, stirring, for 2 or 3 minutes.
- Add wine and cook for 2-3 minutes more.
- Add beef stick; simmer partially covered for 1 hour.
- To serve, place crouton on top of each bowl of soup (6 bowls).
- Cover generously with Swiss cheese and sprinkle with the Parmesan.
- Bake covered, for 15 minutes then uncover, bake another 10 minutes.
- Serve warmed and enjoy!
I have made this twice now and it is very good. My onions took much longer to cook that stated, although total start to finish time was about right. I used plain old yellow onions and it was very sweet. Next time I will skip the sugar. Thanks for posting!