Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1⁄4 cup hottest tap water
- 2 1⁄3 cups gold medal flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese (about 4 ounces)
- sesame seeds
- Grease 8 miniature loaf pans, 4 1/2 x 2 3/4 x 1 1/4 inches.
- In large mixer bowl,dissolve yeast in hot water.
- Add 1 1/3 cups of the flour,the sugar, soda, sour cream and egg.
- Blend 1/2 minute on low speed,scraping bowl constantly.
- Beat 2 minutes on high speed, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Stir in remaining flour and the cheese thoroughly.
- Divide batter evenly among pans, sprinkle with sesame seed.
- Let rise in warm place 50 minutes (batter will rise slightly but will not double.) Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Immediately remove from pans.
- Serve warm or if you wish, split loaves horizontally and fill with your favorite luncheon meat and cheese.