Prep 2 hrs
Cook 30 mins
Recipe source unknown. Nothing is better than the smell of bread baking.
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1⁄4 cup warm water (about 110F.)
- 1⁄4 cup milk, lukewarm (scalded then cooled)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 8 ounces swiss cheese, cubed in 1/4-inch pieces
- Dissolve yeast in warm water in a large bowl.
- Stir in milk, sugar, salt, oil, eggs, and 1 1/2 cups flour.
- Beat on medium speed, scraping bowl occasionally, 10 minutes.
- Stir in remaining flour with a spoon until smooth.
- Cover; let rise in a warm place until double about 1 hour.
- Stir down batter by beating about 25 strokes; gently work in cheese until the cheese is evenly distributed.
- Shape into a ball, place in a greased pie plate (9 1/2 x 1 1/4-inches).
- Let rise until double, about 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 375°F
- Bake until golden brown, about 30 minutes.
- Immediately remove from plate; cool on a wire rack.