Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a tradition in our family. It is easy, and everyone devours it. It even freezes well.
Make and share this Swiss Cheese Kugel recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (8 ounce) package medium noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 tablespoon onion juice or 1 tablespoon garlic juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces swiss cheese, grated (about 2 C)
- 1 pint sour cream (regular or low-fat)
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- melted margarine, to drizzle
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add onion juice, Worcestershire, margarine, salt, pepper and Swiss cheese to noodles and mix well.
- Add sour cream and mix thoroughly.
- Pour into ungreased 9x9-inch baking dish and top with bread crumbs.
- Drizzle melted margarine over the crumbs.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Note: Use a 9x13-inch dish for a double recipe.
I just had to get an early start on the Kugel recipes, since I had never cook any before. This was my first one and I am hooked. I loved it. It is so easy to make. I did make a couple of changes due to not having the exact ingredients, nothing major. The only real difference that I made was adding 1 cup of chopped broccoli. DH and I both love broccoli and cheese, so I figured, why not try it. This is definately a keeper. Thanks for the wonderful recipe.
This was comfort food at its highest level! I made this for the Kugelthon, and I am so glad that I chose this recipe. It's like macaroni and cheese, just upped a notch! I didn't use Swiss cheese in the end because my kids don't like the flavor. I also left out the onion juice, which I can't buy in my country, and the Worcestershire sauce, which we don't like. The kugel stood up well without these ingredients. The sour cream made it especially rich and delicious. I will be making this many times in the near future! Thanks, Ducky, and the rest of the family thanks you, too!
I felt the 1 hour cooking time was too long. I didn't have either the garlic or onion juice so that was the only ingredient I left out.