1/1 Photo of Swiss Cheese Kugel
1 hr 20 mins
This is a tradition in our family. It is easy, and everyone devours it. It even freezes well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 ounce) package medium noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 tablespoon onion juice or 1 tablespoon garlic juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup margarine, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces swiss cheese, grated (about 2 C)
- 1 pint sour cream (regular or low-fat)
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- melted margarine, to drizzle
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Add onion juice, Worcestershire, margarine, salt, pepper and Swiss cheese to noodles and mix well.
- 3Add sour cream and mix thoroughly.
- 4Pour into ungreased 9x9-inch baking dish and top with bread crumbs.
- 5Drizzle melted margarine over the crumbs.
- 6Bake for 1 hour.
- 7Note: Use a 9x13-inch dish for a double recipe.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Swiss Cheese Kugel
Serving Size: 1 (172 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 463.8
- Calories from Fat 318
- Total Fat 35.4 g
- Saturated Fat 18.3 g
- Cholesterol 79.4 mg
- Sodium 278.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 15.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: