This is a tradition in our family. It is easy, and everyone devours it. It even freezes well.
Make and share this Swiss Cheese Kugel recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (8 ounce) package medium noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 tablespoon onion juice or 1 tablespoon garlic juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces swiss cheese, grated (about 2 C)
- 1 pint sour cream (regular or low-fat)
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- melted margarine, to drizzle
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add onion juice, Worcestershire, margarine, salt, pepper and Swiss cheese to noodles and mix well.
- Add sour cream and mix thoroughly.
- Pour into ungreased 9x9-inch baking dish and top with bread crumbs.
- Drizzle melted margarine over the crumbs.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Note: Use a 9x13-inch dish for a double recipe.