Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
My husband's office manager gave me this recipe. A neat party idea.
- 6 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 2 cups shredded gruyere cheese
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cloves garlic, halved
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup dry sherry or 1⁄3 cup kirsch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- French bread, cut into cubes
- In a mixing bowl, combine the first 3 ingredients; stir to mix well; set aside.
- Rub the inside of a large saucepan with the cut sides of the garlic halves; discard garlic.
- Add the wine to the saucepan; cook over medium heat until hot, but do not boil.
- Add in lemon juice.
- Gradually add in the cheese mixture.
- Cook unti cheese melts, stir constantly.
- Add in sherry, salt, and pepper; stir to combine.
- Transfer mixture to a fondue pot.
- Serve with bread cubes for dipping.
You are right, Nurse Di. This was a great party appetizer. I had a few friends over to play cards and I served this along with some other nibbles. This was the most popular. Melted to a wonderful creamy texture. I used dry sherry because I don't know what kirsch is. I served the fondue with homemade french bread chunks. Umm-umm-good. Thanks.