- 1 garlic clove (cut)
- 150 ml dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 6 ounces gruyere cheese (grated)
- 6 ounces emmenthaler cheese (grated)
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 2 tablespoons kirsch
- grated nutmeg
- breadcrumbs (to serve)
Directions See How It's Made
- Rub the inside of a flameproof dish with the cut garlic. Pour in the wine and lemon juice and heat gently on the hob until bubbling.
- Gradually stir in the cheeses and heat slowly, stirring, until the cheese melts and begins to cook.
- Blend the cornflour with the Kirsch. Add to the cheese and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes stirring, until the mixture is thick and creamy. Add pepper and nutmeg to taste.
- Serve immediately with breadcrumbs.