Recipe by LexingtonMom
I'm not crazy about the taste of white wine, so this recipe offers an alternative.
Top Review by Elisabetta47
Perfect not-too-stretchy-cheese fondue. I halved it for my fondue-loving 13 year-old, using fontina, and served it with lightly olive oil drizzled, slightly oven-toasted bread chunks. Great way to get calcium into Mr. Picky. Thanks!
- 12 ounces swiss cheese, grated
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 1⁄4 cups milk
- lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- French bread, cubed
Directions See How It's Made
- In bowl, toss 1 T. flour with grated cheese. Set aside.
- In separate bowl, stir together remaining 3 T. flour, paprika, and nutmeg.
- Peel garlic clove. Cut in half and rub clove over bottom and sides of saucepan.
- Melt butter in the saucepan over medium low heat, then stir in flour mixture until smooth.
- Add the milk, 1 cup at a time, and stir constantly until the sauce is warm (can add up to 1/4°C more milk as needed to achieve creamy consistency).
- Add grated cheese by handfuls, stirring well after each handful to combine.
- When cheese is melted, add lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste.