Recipe by Weezie
Swiss Cheese Fondue
Top Review by Catherine B.
Made this for New Year's Eve 2016; served with blanched broccoli florets and large carrot slices, along with crusty bread. Cooked the garlic in the wine while it heated, then removed the garlic before adding the cheese for a more intense garlic flavor. This may be a new tradition! Thanks!
- 1 clove garlic, halved
- 8 fluid ounces dry white wine or 8 fluid ounces rose wine
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cups grated gruyere cheese
- 2 cups grated emmenthaler cheese
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1 tablespoon kirsch
- cubed French bread, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Rub the inside of the fondue pot with cut clove of garlic.
- Pour in wine and lemon juice and heat gently until bubbling.
- Reduce the heat to low, and gradually stir in grated cheeses, then continue to heat until cheeses melt, stirring frequently.
- (This stage can take a looooong time.) In a small bowl, blend cornflour smoothly with kirsch, then stir into cheese mixture and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes until mixture is thick and smooth, stirring frequently.
- Do not allow fondue to boil.
- Serve with the bread.