Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Swiss Cheese Fondue
Make and share this Swiss Cheese Fondue recipe from Food.com.
- Rub the inside of the fondue pot with cut clove of garlic.
- Pour in wine and lemon juice and heat gently until bubbling.
- Reduce the heat to low, and gradually stir in grated cheeses, then continue to heat until cheeses melt, stirring frequently.
- (This stage can take a looooong time.) In a small bowl, blend cornflour smoothly with kirsch, then stir into cheese mixture and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes until mixture is thick and smooth, stirring frequently.
- Do not allow fondue to boil.
- Serve with the bread.
Very,very authentic and delicious. We add a bit of nutmeg.
Thanks for a wonderful recipe. We made this for the first time on New Years Eve 2009/2010 and every one raved about it. Easy to make and beats the hell out of packet Fondue mix. Thanks again.
This was really good and tasted pretty authentic. I was looking for a recipe that used only these two cheeses. The only difference: since we love garlic so much, I used two garlic cloves and pressed them into the cheese mixture. I'll keep this recipe!