Recipe by LAURIE
Try this with a fruit bowl, cinnamon rolls and sliced ham for a complete brunch. Kids always seem to love this casserole, at least mine and their friends do! This makes 2 casseroles, but it can easily be halved. I have never frozen it and wonder how it would be to freeze one casserole.
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup milk
- 4 teaspoons minced onions
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 2 cups swiss cheese, grated
- 12 eggs
- 1 loaf French bread, sliced with each slice buttered and cut in half
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine soup, milk, onion and mustard all together in a saucepan.
- Heat on medium until warm.
- Stir in cheese until melted.
- Pour 1 cup sauce into each of 2 10x6 baking dishes.
- CAREFULLY, break six eggs into the sauce in each pan, 3 down the length of each pan on each side.
- Carefully cover all BUT the yolks with the remaining sauce.
- Line each side of both pans with the bread slices.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the eggs are to desired doneness.
- The eggs will cover themselves as they bake.