Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This dip is so easy, with only 3-4 ingredients, and its suprisingly good!
Make and share this Swiss Cheese Dip recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 cup fine minced onion
- 2 cups grated swiss cheese
- chopped chives (optional) or scallion (optional)
- 2 loaves sourdough bread (One to hold the dip, the other to tear into pieces for dipping. I use one of each for color.) or 2 loaves pumpernickel bread, bowl. (One to hold the dip, the other to tear into pieces for dipping. I use one of each for color.)
- preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix mayo, onion, swiss and chives(or green onion).
- Cut out center of bread bowl and put mixture in the cavity.
- Tear the bread that was cut from the center into bite size pieces, and do the same with the other loaf of bread.
- Wrap the stuffed bread bowl loosely with foil and put it into a baking pan.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes.
- I usually uncover the top of the bowl for the last 10 minutes or so in order for the cheese dip to brown.
- Place the finished dip on a serving platter and sprinkle the torn bread pieces around it.
Such a great, simply recipe.<br/><br/>I had a similar dip at a holiday party last year, and after searching, this is the one!<br/><br/>I've made it at least 4-5 times in the past year and people LOVE it. I get many requests, and it couldn't be simpler. It amazes people how simple it is to make.