Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
These are tasty little appetizers from my Southern Living cookbook.
Top Review by glitter
This is excellent. I've even gone so far as to put a thin slice of tomato with some roasted a little roasted garlic tucked under it. Of course then I eliminate the powder. Then I bake it. Too die for. Besides an appetizer, you can eat it with soup to!
- 1 French baguette
- 4 cups of shredded swiss cheese
- 1⁄4 cup beer
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the baguette into ¼-inch slices and place on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet. Bake at 400°F for 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Combine the cheese and next 5 ingredients. Spread over bread. Bake at 400°F for 5 minutes more, or until cheese is melted. serve immediately.