Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are tasty little appetizers from my Southern Living cookbook.
- 1 French baguette
- 4 cups of shredded swiss cheese
- 1⁄4 cup beer
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot sauce
- Cut the baguette into ¼-inch slices and place on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet. Bake at 400°F for 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Combine the cheese and next 5 ingredients. Spread over bread. Bake at 400°F for 5 minutes more, or until cheese is melted. serve immediately.
This is excellent. I've even gone so far as to put a thin slice of tomato with some roasted a little roasted garlic tucked under it. Of course then I eliminate the powder. Then I bake it. Too die for. Besides an appetizer, you can eat it with soup to!