This is a great way to eat broccoli. It comes from the good housekeeping cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grease a 10" by 6" baking dish. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2In 2 quart saucepan over high heat,in 1 inch boiling water, heat broccoli and 1/2 tsp salt to boiling.
- 3Cover and cook 10 minutes;Drain;Set aside.
- 4Meanwhile, in 2 quart saucepan over medium heat, melt butter; Stir in flour and 1 tsp of salt until smooth.
- 5Add onion and cook 1 minute
- 6Slowly stir in milk; cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and begins to boil; remove from heat.
- 7Stir in cheese and broccoli until cheese melts slightly; stir in eggs.
- 8Pour into baking dish and bake 30 minutes or until firm to the touch.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Swiss Cheese Broccoli
Serving Size: 1 (145 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 211.2
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 94.5 mg
- Sodium 137.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 11.9 g