Recipe by yooper
This bread is so rich and cheesy! So addictive, bet you can't eat just one slice!
Top Review by Mrs Marcy D
Recipezaar'ers: you gotta try this one! It is one of our favorites! It works well as an appetizer, a side dish, or even a late-night snack after a long night out! :) Thanks for posting, yooper, my husband and I end up sharing this recipe with everyone. I'm glad you did, too.
- 1 loaf French bread (18-20 inches)
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese (8 ounces)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons dehydrated parsley flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim top and side crusts from bread, leaving bottom crust intact.
- Make diagonal cuts, 1 inch thick, through the bread but not through the bottom.
- Combine all remaining ingredients.
- Spread half the butter mixture between bread slices.
- Use remaining mixture to frost top and sides of bread.
- Place bread in foil boat; cover loosely with another sheet of foil.
- Bake at 425°F for 20-30 minutes.
- For last 5 minutes, remove foil to allow bread to brown.