Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
Simple and easy. This recipe uses Swiss cheese instead of chedder. It is great for a chilly night. Serve with slice of hot crusty bread.
- 1 (16 ounce) can ready-to-serve chicken broth
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces shredded swiss cheese
- 1 cup beer
- In medium saucepan, combine broth and half-and-half. Add flour and pepper; blend well with wire whisk. Cook and stir over medium heat until bubbly and thickened.
- Stir in cheese. Cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Stir in beer. Cook until thoroughly heated. If desired, sprinkle individual servings with chopped fresh parsley.