Recipe by Che~Sara`
I love Quiche type dishes and this is easy as well as delicious... no onions so little kids don't complain!
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell
- 18 slices bacon
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 lb swiss cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Chill Crust 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Fry bacon in skillet until crisp.
- Crumble all but 6 slices of bacon.
- Beat eggs with cream, salt, nutmeg, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Rub chilled crust with butter.
- Sprinkle bacon and cheese into pie shell.
- Pour egg mixture over bacon and cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 300 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for 40 minutes more.
- Garnish with rest of bacon.