Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from 1001 Low Fat Vegetarian Recipes. This will make a fantastic work-day lunch. Tortillas would probably work in place of the lavosh. Note refrigeration time is not included in prep time. This can be made a day ahead of time.
- 1 large lavash bread, about 16 inches in diameter
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 10 slices swiss cheese
- 4 cups spinach leaves
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup olive, drained and thinly sliced
- Place lavosh between two damp kitchen towels; let stand until lavosh is softened enough to roll, 10-15 minutes.
- Mix cream cheese, sour cream, onion and fennel seeds in a small bowl; spread mixture on lavosh.
- Arrange Swiss cheese, spinach, tomatoes and olives on top. Roll up lavosh tightly; wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 4 hours (but not longer than 2 days).
- Trim ends; cut into 1 inch slices to serve.