Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got it from 1st Traveler's Choice Internet Cookbook. Angel Arbor Bed and Breakfast Inn Houston, Texas Specialty Recipe.
- 1 lb pork sausage, browned and drained
- 6 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 1⁄2 cups grated swiss cheese
- 1 1⁄4 cups baking mix
- 12 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Butter a 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Spread sausage as first layer; scatter mushrooms, green onions and tomatoes over sausage. Next layer on parsley; top with grated cheese.
- In a large electric mixer bowl, beat together baking mix and milk until smooth. Add eggs, salt and pepper; beat on slow speed until combined. Pour over sausage mixture. Sprinkle lightly with paprika. Bake in 350 degree oven 30 to 35 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cut into squares to serve.