Swiss Cheese and Onion Soup
- Heat 2 tbs. butter in a saucepan. Add garlic, onion, mustard and salt. Saute until tender.
- Add water. Cover and simmer over low heat.
- In a separate saucepan, melt remaining 3 Tbs. butter. Whisk in 3 Tbs. flour and cook, whisking over low heat, one minute.
- Add milk. Cook, whisking, until uniform and thick, 5-8 minutes.
- Add horseradish, Sherry and cheese.
- Add cheese sauce to onion and mix thoroughly. Add pepper, tamari, Tabasco and Worcestershire. Cook over low heat 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Salt and pepper to taste, then serve with some fresh grated cheese on top.