An All-Time favorite with a twist of swiss cheese and peas. A dish that becomes more addictive with every bite! Talk about Comfort Food.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a 2 to 3 quart sauce pot, melt butter over medium heat.
- 2Add the flour and stir for 2 minutes.
- 3Slowly add the milk, whisking to combine.
- 4Bring to a simmer, add the salt, white pepper and nutmeg.
- 5Reduce the heat to low and let sauce simmer slowly for 20 minutes.
- 6Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees and, on the stove top, cook the macaroni according to pkg.
- 7directions, drain and place in a large bowl.
- 8Remove the sauce from the heat, add the swiss cheese and stir until it melts.
- 9Combine the sauce, cubed ham and peas with the drained macaroni.
- 10Pour the macaroni mixture into a 11x8x2" dish.
- 11Sprinkle the parmesan cheese on top and bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- 12Let rest 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Swiss Cheese and Ham Macaroni and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (181 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 526.8
- Calories from Fat 224
- Total Fat 24.9 g
- Saturated Fat 14.7 g
- Cholesterol 86.6 mg
- Sodium 750.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 30.1 g