Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 min
This recipe is really good! It sounds like a weird combo, but it's surprisingly tasty. I thought it up one day because I didn't have any cheddar cheese and wanted to try cream cheese on a quesadilla. You can serve with salad and salsa for a simple yummy meal :)
- 1 slice swiss cheese (or more, depending on taste)
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese
- 2 tortillas
- salsa (for dipping) (optional)
- Spread cream cheese on to one of the tortillas. You may need more depending on size of tortilla.
- Put swiss slice on top of cream cheese, and combine tortillas.
- Toast quesadilla in toaster oven until it reaches your level of crunchiness. (I do it on meduim heat for about a minute or two) You could also do this in a microwave, or fry it.
- Remove from oven, slice with pizza slicer into triangles, serve with salsa and enjoy!
These were simple and yummy quesadillas! Would not have thought of cream cheese and swiss but it really is a nice flavor combination! I sprayed the outer sides of the tortillas with cooking spray and toasted the quesdillas in a frying pan. Thanks for sharing your recipe! Made for Fall PAC 2008
Gonna try this again. I prepared this for lunch today and it was outstanding. I sprayed a pan with butter flavored canola spray and grilled it. Next time I fix, I'll use 2 slices of swiss cheese and 2 Tbs of cream cheese because I love the flavor of both of them. Thanks so much for sharing. Made for PAC Fall/2008.