1/2 Photos of Swiss Chard With Tomato and Bacon
A good old New England tradition. Skillet swiss chard sautéed with bacon and tomato. A hearty side dish to serve with your favorite grilled meat. Bacon or salt pork can be used or omitted to make a vegetarian dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash and rinse chard.
- 2Rough chop chard to 2-3 inches.
- 3In a large skillet, add olive oil and chopped bacon.
- 4Cook bacon till fat has rendered and crisp.
- 5Add chard, onion and garlic. Cover.
- 6Cook till wilted.
- 7Add salt and red pepper flakes.
- 8Uncover and as water steams off, add chicken stock, adding more as needed so pan does not burn.
- 9Lower heat to medium low. Continue to simmer until chard stalks and onion are tender.
- 10Add slices of tomato. Cook for another 3-5 minutes.
- 11Dress with balsamic vinegar to taste.
Browse Our Top Chard Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chard Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Swiss Chard With Tomato and Bacon
Serving Size: 1 (233 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 261.1
- Calories from Fat 190
- Total Fat 21.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 11.4 mg
- Sodium 458.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 6.2 g