1/1 Photo of Swiss Chard With Raisins and Pine Nuts
From Gourmet Mag. Very simple and delicious vegetable dish
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Tear chard leaves from stems, then coarsely chopped stem and leaves separately.
- 2Toast pine nuts in a heavy pot over moderate heat, stirring constantly until golden, about 1.5 to 2 minutes.
- 3Saute onion in oil for about 1 minute, then add chard stems and cook, stirring occasionally for 2 minute.
- 4Add raisins and 1/2 cup of water and simmer, covered, until stems are softened, about 3 minutes.
- 5Add chard leaves and remaining 1/2 cup of water and simmer, partially covered until leaves are tender, about 3 minutes. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Chard Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chard Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Swiss Chard With Raisins and Pine Nuts
Serving Size: 1 (293 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 274.3
- Calories from Fat 198
- Total Fat 22.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 366.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 5.9 g