Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Food & Wine
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 lbs swiss chard, stemmed and leaves rinsed but not dried
- 4 scallions, white and light green parts only, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped dill
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (19 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Coat an 8-inch-square nonreactive baking dish with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil.
- Put the chard in a large pot, cover and cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, until wilted, about 4 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water; squeeze dry and coarsely chop.
- In a medium bowl, toss the chard with the remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil, scallions, dill, garlic and chickpeas. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the feta on top and push the cheese into the greens. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until sizzling hot. Serve immediately.
Wonderful, hearty recipe :) We didn't have a scallion so we used a leek... just as nice.
Not a bad recipe. We wanted something a bit different than the regular sauteed chard w. bacon. I found your recipe and it was good and successful. I did change the scallions and added some sauteed onions instead. I also forgot to add the garlic and it was still good. I was almost temped to add bread crumbs as a topping. Maybe next time. Thanks for a delicious recipe.