Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I will most likely omit the raisins when I make this.
- 1 (10 ounce) box couscous
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (dark or golden)
- 2 bunches swiss chard, stems trimmed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Place the couscous in a bowl. Add 1 1/2 cups boiling water and stir. Cover tightly and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, over low heat, toast the pine nuts, shaking the pan frequently, until golden, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Return skillet to medium heat, add the oil, and heat for 1 minute. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the chickpeas, raisins, chard, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the chard is tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Fluff the couscous with a fork and divide among individual plates. Top with the chard and sprinkle with the pine nuts.
Pretty good, but needs more seasoning. More garlic and maybe some ginger? Liked the raisins and pine nuts.