Swiss Chard With Cannellini Beans and Tomatoes (Boston Globe)
- In large pot, bring 6 quarts of water to boil over high heat.
- Rinse the chard. Cut off and discard the stems at the base of the leaves. Slice the leaves crosswise into 1 inch wide strips.
- Drop the chard into the boiling water. Cover and when it comes back to boil, reduce to simmer for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 T of the olive oil with the garlic and red pepper over medium heat, stirring constantly for 2 minutes or until garlic just begins to turn golden.
- Immediately stir in tomato paste, continue cooking and stirring for 1 more minute.
- Add plum tomatoes, turn heat to high and stir constantly for 1 - 2 minutes to soften the tomatoes.
- Add the beans and the chard. Continue cooking over high heat, stirring constantly for 3 more minutes. Lower the heat to medium and stir in 2 T olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer, stirring often for 2 more minutes. Sprinkle with olive oil before serving.