Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
swiss chard stir fried surprisingly well. Feel free to change any of the other veg.
For the sauce
- 6 tablespoons vegetable stock
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 1 tablespoon clear honey
For the stir fry
- 150 g flat rice noodles
- 250 g swiss chard
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 200 g shiitake mushrooms, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 orange bell pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 227 g water chestnuts, drained and sliced
- Mix all the sauce ingredients until smooth.
- Cook the rice noodles according to the packet. drain and rinse under cold water, then set aside.
- Separate the leaves and stalks of the chard and shred the leaves. (You may also finely chop the stems and add them is you wish).
- heat the oil in a wok and add the mushrooms and chard stalks (if using) and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add the garlic, peppers and chard leaves and fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Add water chestnuts and sauce and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add noodles, mix well and serve.
I was looking for something to do with Swiss Chard as it is supposed to be a super food and stumbled upon this recipe. I do not like Swiss Chard or at least I thought that I didn't...until I tried this recipe. So very good that I will continue making it in the future. thanks so much for sharing.
Oh this was tasty! Great way to prepare Swiss Chard. Instructions were perfect, the only change was I didn't use the rice noodles. Thanks PinkCherryBlossom! Made for the Asian event in photos forum.