Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A great way to prepare this interesting vegetable--plenty of color and texture. I typically serve this over pasta, but I imagine it would go well over rice as well. Creamy and spicy at the same time, this gets good reviews for some of my pickiest friends.
- 2 cups swiss chard, chopped ribs
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon tarragon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 cups cooked pasta, I prefer penne
- Saute the swiss chard ribs in butter in skillet until tender but not soft.
- Add half and half, tarragon, and red pepper to skillet. Cook until volume reduced in half.
- Serve over cooked pasta.
We have made this twice now and I absolutely love it - we used egg noodles