Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe is delicious made with any dark green leafy vegetable (Kale, Swiss Chard or Spinach your choice). Recipe comes from WeightWatchers.com. Points value 2.
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 1 bunch spinach (6-ounces)
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- In a small microwavable bowl, plump raisins with hot water on high for 30 seconds.
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, warm oil; add garlic, cook until fragrant, about 1 minute; add spinach and stir occasionally until wilted, about 2 to 3 minutes. Toss with raisins, nuts, salt and pepper, Serve immediately.
Lovely swiss chard recipe. I soaked the raisins in Marsala wine to plump them. Only cooked the chard until it was wilted. We really enjoyed this recipe Thanks Barb for posting it.
I used this as a "sauce" over pasta. It was terrific with or without Parmesan.
Loved it, Barb. Only thing I changed was to squeeze the moisture out of the spinach before adding the fruit, nuts and salt and pepper.