Recipe by Rookie with a few Ball jars
Wanting to take advantage of all that lovely chard while it's still fresh? Here's a simple and light recipe for a hot summer's day! Makes one dinner-size portion.
Top Review by Jo Anne
Great combo of veggies! I had some fresh swiss chard and was looking for a new way to use it. I used some green onions instead of the regular onion. This would also make a great vegetable side without the eggs. Thanks Rookie for a great recipe idea!
- 5 stalks swiss chard, chopped
- 1 garlic clove (whole or chopped)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 onion, chopped
- 1 cup zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup mushroom, fresh and chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup cheese (I use sharp cheddar, shredded.)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In skillet, heat oil and garlic on medium heat.
- Add chopped chard. I use both the stalks and the leaves. Stalks when cooked taste something like celery. Leaves taste a lot like spinach.
- Chop and add remaining ingredients in order: onion, zucchini, mushrooms.
- Cover for just a couple minutes. When you start to see the mushrooms show signs of cooking, check the chard. When leaves are just wilted, put veggies on a plate.
- Return skillet to burner. Scramble egg and cheese together. I also add a little pepper.
- Place egg on top of veggies and serve immediately.