Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Called Mtabel Al-Silek in Lebanon, this is good for using up the ribs of Swiss chard leftover from recipes where only the leaves are used. Can be used in stuffed cabbage, stuffed Swiss chard, with rice, or as a dip. "From the Tables of Lebanon" cookbook.
- 236.59 ml water
- 473.18 ml swiss chard ribs, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 118.29 ml tahini
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 118.29 ml fresh lemon juice
- 4.92 ml salt
- 9.85 ml fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 44.37 ml extra virgin olive oil
- Bring the water to a boil in a medium pot, and add the Swiss chard ribs. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. remove the ribs and drain well.
- Place the ribs in a food processor, and finely chop. Add the tahini, garlic, lemon juice, and salt, and blend well.
- Spread the blended mixture(silek) on a large, shallow plate, and garnish with the parsley. Sprinkle with the olive oil, and serve cold.