1/1 Photo of Swiss Chard & Goat Cheese Frittata
Serve this hot, warm, or at room temperature. Serve with slices of heirloom tomatoes. The amount of garlic can be decreased (or increased) according to tastes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 large swiss chard leaves, with stems
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 8 large eggs
- fresh ground black pepper
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled (soft type)
- 1Wash the Swiss chard; cut off stems, dice finely, and set aside.
- 2Chop the leaves.
- 3Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a nonstick 9-inch skillet with an ovenproof handle. Add onion, ¼ teaspoon of salt, and rosemary. Sauté 10 minutes over medium heat, until the onions are very soft and just starting to brown.
- 4Stir in the Swiss chard leaves and the remaining ¼ teaspoon salt, and sauté 1 to 2 minutes, or until the greens are just wilted. Remove from heat, stir in garlic and Swiss chard stems, and set aside.
- 5Whisk eggs in a bowl. Add the Swiss chard mixture and goat cheese, and stir to combine.
- 6Wash and dry the skillet and return to stove top.
- 7Preheat the broiler unit in the oven.
- 8Heat the remaining tablespoon oil in the skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil is very hot, pour in the vegetable-egg mixture and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the eggs are set on the bottom.
- 9Transfer the skillet to the preheated broiler and broil for about 3 minutes, or until the frittata is firm and golden on top.
- 10Loosen the frittata from the skillet and invert onto a large round plate. Cut into wedges and serve.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Swiss Chard & Goat Cheese Frittata
Serving Size: 1 (174 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 226.0
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 262.9 mg
- Sodium 523.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 13.9 g