Recipe by VegSocialWorker
This recipe is yummy and was much easier to make than I thought it would be. From Planet Organics website.
- 2 lbs chard leaves, and stalks removed or 2 lbs beet leaves, stalks removed
- 1 1⁄4 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon grated nutmeg
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 egg yolks
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter (or substitue with tomato sauce)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Thoroughly clean the chard and remove stalks.
- In a saucepan, combine the chard and salted water and bring to a boil.Cook until the chard is wilted and tender, about 3 minutes.
- Drain well and squeeze the moisture out of the chard. Chop it finely and place in a bowl.
- Add the ricotta, flour, nutmeg, egg yolks, and half of the parmesan cheese to the chopped chard. Season to taste with salt and pepper and then shape the mixture into small ovals.Place each patty on a floured surface.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. In batches, add in the gnocci patties and boil them until they float.
- With a slotted spoon, lift them out of the water. Put on a warming platter until they are all done. Sprinkle with the remaining parmesan cheese and pour melted butter or tomato sauce over the top and serve.