- 1 egg
- 10 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese, pressed through a sieve
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups swiss chard, sliced cross-wise into 1/2 inch thick slices and stalks chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 onion, sliced crosswise
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees F.
- In a bowl whisk together first 5 ingredients (egg - pepper).
- Over medium high heat heat oil in oven-proof skillet. Stir in swiss chard stalks and onion cooking until onion is tender (3-5 minutes).
- Stir in the sliced leaves and cook stirring another minute or so.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and add the egg mixture, stirring to distribute vegetables evenly.
- Place skillet in oven and bake for 10-15 minutes or until eggs are set.