Recipe by BakinBaby
The Swiss Chard and Artichokes combined with parmesan and mozzarella cheese makes for a unique and tasty pizza. You can use a store bough pizza dough (Trader Joes is good) or use this quick and easy pizza crust. Note: I have revised the recipe and added bacon and more cheese. Select chard with fresh green leaves; avoid those that are yellow or discolored,store unwashed leaves in plastic bags in the crisper in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days. This recipe is a spin off from http://www.farmgirlfare.com/
Top Review by Lainey39
I like this pizza and the dough. My husband and I ate this pizza because I knew my sons would probably not enjoy the toppings. This was a nice change of pace from the usual pizza. Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT7 for the Vivacious Violets.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup onion (chopped)
- 6 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 bunch swiss chard (about 12-16 ounces, separate leaves from stalks and chop into small pieces)
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts (water packed,drained and chopped)
- 1 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 16 -24 ounces mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom (canned-sliced or fresh-sauted)
- 4 slices bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 2 1⁄2 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onions and swiss chard stalks in olive oil until soft, add garlic and cook another minute or two, add swiss chard leaves and artichoke hearts, cook about 10-12 minutes until swiss chard is tender, stir in worcestershire sauce and red pepper flakes.
- Remove from heat, cool slightly,stir in Parmesan cheese.
- In a medium bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in flour, salt and oil. Beat until smooth. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and pat or roll into a round. Transfer crust to a lightly greased pizza pan or pizza peel dusted with cornmeal.
- Spread chard mixture over dough, scatter mushrooms on top, lastly sprinkle mozzarella cheese and bacon on top, bake in a preheated 450 oven for 10-12 min., let set 5 minutes before serving.