Recipe by dicentra
This is a great brunch dish! Good alternative to an omelet. Eggs and tomatoes together are fabulous!
Top Review by Neohippie
Good way to use up all the chard and tomatoes I'm getting from my garden. Gave 4 stars because I had trouble flipping it. I think I'd rather stick it in the oven for a few minutes to get the eggs on top to cook.
- 1 lb swiss chard
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 6 egg whites
- 2 whole eggs
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 medium tomatoes, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop the chard. In a skillet, sauté the garlic and onions in 1 tablespoon of the oil.
- Add the chard, cover and lower the heat and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and drain if juicy.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, salt and pepper until blended. Stir in the chard.
- Coat the bottom of a skillet with the remaining oil and return to medium heat.
- When hot, pour egg mixture and arrange tomato slices on top.
- Cover and cook until the edges are firm and the bottom is golden and beginning to brown. Turn frittata over and cook for about 5 more minute until eggs are cooked.
- Serve immediately or at room temperature.