Top Review by karen in tbay
Its been a green week.....loads of frozen kale and swiss chard to use in various recipes. Tonight the frittata was a welcome meal. Didn't have green onion so we subbed in chives and cooked everything in the fry pan.
- 3⁄4 lb yukon gold potato, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 4 cups chopped swiss chard
- 4 eggs
- 3 egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potatoes in a saucepan.
- Add a slight amount of water, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil; cook for 5 minutes or until potatoes are tender; drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil on medium-low heat.
- Saute onion for 5 minutes.
- Add chard and stir 1 minute or until chard is wilted.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and egg yolks.
- Stir in potatoes, chard mixture, green onion, cheese, milk, salt, and cayenne; spoon about 1/3 cup of mixture into greased regular size muffin cups or spoon 1 generous tablespoon into greased mini muffin cups.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 14-16 minutes for regular size muffin cups or 10 minutes for mini muffin cups, or until either is set and slightly puffed.
- Serve warm.